We bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls, and governance processes. The mission of the OIA is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value by providing quality auditing services that result in reduced costs, gains in operational efficiencies, strengthened internal controls, and improved practices and policies.
The purpose of the OIA is to assist state agency management and the Audit Committee in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by furnishing them with analyses, appraisals, recommendations, counsel, and information concerning the activities reviewed, and by promoting effective control at a reasonable cost.
The scope of work of OIA is to determine whether the state agency network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction with various governance groups occurs as needed.
- Significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employees' actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in agency control processes.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the agencies' fiscal operations are recognized and addressed appropriately.
- Adequate controls, including those related to data privacy and security, are incorporated within new systems and processes.
Opportunities for improving management control and state agency image may be identified during audits. They will be communicated to the appropriate level of management and/or audit committee.