To provide independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve operations of state agencies obtaining OIA services. OIA will help these state agencies accomplish their objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Independently assess the adequacy of internal controls throughout the organization by:
- Evaluating and improving the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes;
- Evaluating whether reasonable assurance exists that management objectives and operational goals are achieved;
- Providing process and managerial consulting to improve risk management, control and governance processes.
What We Do
OIA aligns its audit efforts with agency goals and priorities. OIA partners with agency management to provide assurance that key processes have effective controls. Additionally, OIA adds value by providing input on the front end of new processes or when considering changes to existing processes. OIA is independent of agency management, with a focus on reducing agency risk exposure. Our services include:
- Operational audits;
- Design and effectiveness reviews of programs and processes;
- Information system reviews;
- End-to-end process reviews; and
- Proactive consultation for new projects or processes.
OIA is committed to client service as we continually seek opportunities to serve as a trusted business advisor to help address client needs.
For more information about OBM's Internal Audit division, please see the brochure and charter below.
- Internal Audit Brochure
- Internal Audit Charter (Updated June 2019)
- Suspected Fraud, Abuse, or Wrongdoing Reporting Process