The Ohio Fiscal Academy (OFA) is a certification program that strives to build fiscal professionals that will lead the great State of Ohio. This is a robust, three-tiered program that provides operational, theoretical, and hands-on experiences for participants.
Why the Ohio Fiscal Academy?
The vision of the Fiscal Academy is to create lifelong learners and information seekers within the ranks of the State of Ohio's public financial professionals.
Participation in OFA offers learners and state agencies benefits such as:
- Courses taught by state agency officials and other experts.
- Instructors have included the Chief Financial Officers, Budget Chiefs, State Auditors, prior cohort members, and many others.
- Real-life scenarios with hands-on participation on projects such as Cohort Capstone Studies.
- Real-life scenarios with hands-on participation.
- Networking opportunities with forward-thinking state agency change agents.
- Custom sessions with the Controlling Board President, representatives from the Legislative Service Commission, the Ohio Senate, and the Joint Commission on Agency Rule Review, etc.
- Enhanced succession planning.
- Cross agency fiscal knowledge.
- Support for a culture of responsibility and management in state government.
- Awarded designation of "Certified Ohio Fiscal Professional" by the Office of Budget and Management; signed by OBM Director Timothy Keen and Governor John Kasich.
How to join
OFA applications are accepted from State of Ohio employees who meet any of the following criteria:
Note: other positions may be considered for entry into the program at the discretion of OBM's Training Program Manager.
- Financial Analyst
- Sourcing Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Fiscal Specialist
- Budget Analyst
- Employed in a fiscal or budgetary capacity within a fiscal office of a state agency
Registration for Cohort 8 is now open. Please download the application here and follow the instructions:
For more details, please download the Cohort 8 Syllabus here:
Contact the Ohio Fiscal Academy: